Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mexican Casserole

by Addie Hosey Bullock Martin (Granny)

2 lb. hamburger
2 cans Ranch Style beans
1 can mushroom soup
1 large onion
2 cans green tomatoes and chiles
1 pkg. tortillas
salt and pepper to taste

Arrange tortillas in pan. Cover with layer of meat mixture, then another layer of tortillas and the rest of the mixture. Add grated cheese on top and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Barbara Lou Hosey

note: I've made this several times and since the recipe doesn't state and I don't remember my Granny making me ANYTHING but veggies (she called it soul food because she said it was good for the soul), I used corn tortillas. 


 
Gloria Sue Minatra (born Citty)
your mother
Bertha Elizabeth "Beth" Citty (born Bullock)
her mother
Mary Adeline Bullock (born Hosey)
her mother

No comments: